Wonderful care; always happy to be at St Rocco’s Hospice; a dignified passing.
- Family of a hospice patient
What is the Starlight Walk?
The Starlight Walk is a sponsored ladies-only walk which begins at midnight at the Orford Jubilee Neighbourhood Hub.
The walk follows a route through Latchford, Orford and Warrington Town Centre, finishing back at the Hub (with a bacon buttie waiting!)
You choose the distance! Ladies can walk one circuit of the route which is 6.5 miles or two circuits to complete the half marathon of 13 miles.
Ladies must register to take part in the walk by completing a Starlight Registration Form, you can find the registration page on the left.
We are currently offering an Early Bird Discount to ladies who register before 30th April 2017. Sign up today for only £12! After 30th April the price will go up to £15.
It is not possible to register on the night.
Your registration fee will secure a place for you on the walk, a special Starlight T-shirt, a medal and a light breakfast on the day. The registration fee is non-refundable.
We do not ask for a minimum sponsorship but ask you to raise as much money as possible for St. Rocco’s Hospice (Registered Charity Number 511592). Please note: your registration fee covers the costs of us putting on the event, so we only raise money through your sponsorship.
Terms and Conditions
- It is a condition of entry that you wear your Starlight T-shirt on the night.
- If you are unable to walk please let us know as soon as possible and return your sponsorship form even if it has no entries.
- It is not possible to your transfer your place to another walker.
- The Starlight Walk is NOT a race. It is important for safety reasons that you remain in your designated group in the Park when the walk starts so that the marshals can orchestrate the safe exit of all walkers from the park at the start.
- No dogs, prams, bicycles or male companions are allowed to accompany you on the walk.
- You are not permitted to use any of the sponsorship money you raise to pay for your expenses. All sponsorship money given to you must pass directly to St. Rocco’s Hospice.
- Alcohol must not be consumed during the walk.
- A photographer will be present at the event and your photos may be published on the St. Rocco’s website, social media channels and wider media outlets. You must inform St. Rocco’s Hospice if you would not like yout photos to be used.
- By registering, you are agreeing to your name and email address to be shared with our online partners, who will email you and set up your fundraising page. You may withdraw this consent by contacting St. Rocco’s Hospice on email@example.com.